Thursday 2 August 2012

500 Greatest Albums of all Time Challenge

So perusing the Cheezeburger network today i came across the Rolling Stone 500 greatest Album Challenge. The rules are simple, you listen to every album on the list in its entirety, no skipping tracks, yo! And you have a year to do it. Also tell your friends which you liked, not sure why its a rule, wouldn't you do it anyway? Here's a linky to the list http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-20120531/outkast-aquemini-19691231 . i posted to my facebook about this, and have now entered in to the challenge with two friends of mine, Ian and Kenny. I've already started and am currently listening to number 500, which is Outkast: Aquamini, was not sure what i would think but i love it so far. I'm more of a rock fan, i still love me some Soul and Funk, but yeah big up on the Outkast right no, Hey Ya was not a good reflection of their talent. the general consensus with the boys and I is to start at one end and to work straight through instead of picking and choosing, oh and even if you've heard an album before, listen to it again, it would break the flow.

I'm most excited about one, listening to a load of music and two and possibly more importantly to me, listening to stuff i have not or would not listen to normally. i love music, life would be so much harder, boring and less easily explained without it.

I'll try to remember to keep this updated on my progress and thoughts on what I'm listening to.:D

More later
Fin
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment